Monday, February 18, 2008

Painting is for Everyone

This evening I ended up messing around with watercolours; actually it was the girlfriend who spurred me with her experimenting with acrylics and modelling pastes. I have to try that out too, actually, the whole process looks like a blast. And since the ex-flatmate left a whole ton of art materials in the flat, it's a crime not to take advantage.



I was trying to imitate Quentin Blake, one artist whose work I absolutely relish - few weeks back I was leafing through a copy of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and was blown away by the beauty of deceptively simple artwork.



And here is what happens when someone tries to 'ink' with actual watercolour paint instead of, err, ink. Inking with an actual brush is next in my list of things that I want to try.

No comments: